THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the board of education’s deliberations and actions
Regular board meeting
november 10, 2014
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
Kyle George Athletic
Jennifer Tita Moore
Gianna Beleno – Musical Vocal Director – High School - $2,597.00
Linda Hayes Ticket Taker/Seller
Richard Worman - Asst. Girls Basketball Coach - $5,342.00 (100% of 90%)
· Voluntary transfer of Kelly Kauffman from Cafeteria Monitor to Special Education Instructional Assistant at Siegfried Elementary, effective November 11, 2014. Annual salary will be $15,675.66, pro-rated, with benefits, in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement between NASD and NAESPA to be paid by Access Funding at no cost to the District.
· Suzanne Borovies and Nicole Kelly, Short Term Elementary Reading Substitute Teachers, for the Borough Elementary Schools, for the 2014-2015 school year. Salary will be $125.00 per day, as per the Substitute Professional pay schedule, no benefits.
· Noreen Rodriguez, Cafeteria Monitor at the High School, effective November 11, 2014. Her annual salary will be $4,959.00, pro-rated, without benefits, in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement between NASD and ESPA.
· The following athletic coaching staff members and stipends for the 2014-2015 school year:
Adam Bastidas – Asst. Girls Basketball Coach - $2,137.00 (80% of 45%)
Emily Reightler – Asst. Girls Basketball Coach - $2,137.00 (80% of 45%)
· Adoption of the following policies, effective November 11, 2014: 202 – Eligibility of Non-Resident Students and 810.6 - Bus Conduct and Safety Code.
· A revised three (3) year service agreement with Stericycle of Northbrook, IL, for the pickup of the District’s Bio-Hazardous waste. This agreement will cover 13 pickups per year at a cost of $128 per month, effective November 1, 2014, through October 31, 2017.
· The Power of the Cinema Club to organize and meet under the direction of Mrs. Sharon Skrapits and at no expense to the District.
· Accept, with appreciation, the donation of $2,500 from the Bath East-Allen Youth Group for the purchase of new basketball backboards and adjustable height hardware for the George Wolf Elementary School gym.
· Expulsion Hearing Waiver for High School student number 2014-05.