THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the board of education’s deliberations and actions
Regular board meeting
november 24, 2014
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
Caitlin Carolan Lehigh
Amanda Dochat Moore
Annemarie Jones Borough
Christina Moran George Wolf
Cheryl Ossa Borough
Stephanie Remington Athletic
Shelbey Ziegler George Wolf
· Doris Miller, Middle Shift Custodian at Siegfried Elementary, effective December 15, 2014. Her rate of pay will be $17.99 per hour, 85% of the current hourly rate, with benefits, in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement between NASD and Teamsters Local 773.
· Mr. Brian Davies as Assistant to the Principal of the Northampton Area High School effective on or about December 9, 2014, and remain in that position until January 30, 2015.
· Coletta Bodnar, LTS Library Instructional Assistant at the Middle School, effective on or about January 16, 2015, for the remainder of the 2014-2015 school year, pending receipt of updated clearances. Her rate of pay will be $10.53 per hour, no benefits.
· Suzanne Borovies, LTS Elementary Teacher at Siegfried Elementary, effective retroactive to November 13, 2014, through on or about April 23, 2015. Her salary will be $46,850.00, pro-rated, without benefits, based on a Bachelor’s +15 degree and Step 1, per the Collective Bargaining Agreement between NASD and NAEA.
· Reappoint Terry A. Leh as the Primary TCC voting delegate and Rose M. Roberts as the Alternate TCC voting delegate for Northampton Area School District during the 2015 calendar year.
· Treasurer’s Report.
· Tax Exonerations.
· Letter of Agreement and Fee Schedule from Vantagen, LLC, to administer the District’s Flexible Benefits Plan for the period of July 1, 2015, to June 30, 2017.
· Bills for payment.
· The following sixty-month lease with Fraser Advanced Information Systems to replace the copier at Washington’s Crossing:
Washington’s Crossing – Sharp Model MX-M365N - $151.00/mo.
· Expulsion Hearing Waiver for Middle School student number 2014-06.
· Expulsion Hearing Waiver for Middle School student number 2014-07.