THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the board of educations deliberations and actions
Regular board meeting
MARCH 9, 2015
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
· Mr. Sansone, Ms. Sarah Goldman, six (6) parent chaperones, and approximately forty-five (45) students to attend/participate in a performance at the Magic Kingdom in Orlando, Florida, from April 21 through April 25, 2015. Total cost to the District will be $800.00 and is covered through the Board approved Curriculum budget.
· Voluntary transfers of the following Custodians effective upon the opening of the new Middle School:
2nd Shift Monday through Friday, with no change in hourly rate of pay and benefits as per the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the District and Teamsters Local #773:
1. Darryl Meashock Moore Elementary to the new Northampton Area Middle School
2. Chris Glovas Lehigh Elementary to Siegfried Elementary
3rd Shift Monday through Friday at the new Northampton Area Middle School, with change in hourly rate of pay and benefits as per the Collective Bargaining Agreement
between the District and Teamsters Local #773:
1. Tim Beil from 2nd Shift George Wolf Elementary to new Northampton Area Middle School
2. Doris Miller from 2nd Shift Siegfried Elementary to the new Northampton Area Middle School
· The following addition to the Athletic Event Staff for the 2014-2015 school year:
George Stilgenbauer Wrestling Scorebook
· Adoption of the following policies, effective March 10, 2015: 317 Conduct/Disciplinary Procedures, 317.1 Educator Misconduct, 405 Employment of Substitute Professional Employees, 417 Conduct/Disciplinary Procedures, 417.1 Educator Misconduct, 517 Conduct/Disciplinary Procedures, and 801 Public Records.
-Verizon Wireless for approximately $33,532, annually, effective July 1, 2015
-AT&T for approximately $1,135, annually, effective July 1, 2015
The prices above do not reflect E-Rate Program discounts estimated at $3,909 for FY1516.