THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the board of education’s deliberations and actions
Regular board meeting
NOVEMBER 23, 2015
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
· Matthew Frailey, Assistant to the Athletic Director, effective November 23, 2015, with a stipend of $2,800.00 per sports season, prorated for the 2015-16 school year for winter and spring.
· Textbook Adoptions for the 2015-2016 School Year for a total district cost of $191,237.42. All
textbook costs are included in the Board approved curriculum budget.
· Terry A. Leh as the Primary TCC voting delegate and Matthew Sawarynski as the Alternate TCC voting delegate for Northampton Area School District during the 2016 calendar year.
· Commission rate for Northampton Borough’s Elected Tax Collector, Judith A. Ackerman, at a rate of $1.25 per bill collected, $.30 per bill stuffed, and $1.25 per installment payment collected for the balance of Judith A. Stanz’s term.
· Disposal of obsolete audio-visual equipment and components to Marth’s Container & Disposal Service at a cost of $2,000.
· Treasurer’s Report.
· Tax Exonerations/Changes.
· Addendum to the Sports Medicine Services Agreement with St. Luke’s Health Network, Inc., at a total cost to the District in the amount of $2,975.
· Amendment to School Bus Transportation Services Agreement with First Student, Inc., effective July1, 2016, through June 30, 2019.
· Issuance of General Obligation Bonds, Series of 2016, in the maximum aggregate principal amount of $12,000,000 for the purpose of funding a portion of the New Middle School Project and future Capital Maintenance Projects pursuant to the Local Government Unit Debt Act of 1996 and according to the Borrowing Resolution.
· The following Fund Balance amounts and classifications:
A. $495,861 for Inventory and $167,320 for PrePaid Expenses as Nonspendable Fund Balance
B. $1,397,678 for future PSERS rate increases, $1,850,000 Facility Capital Maintenance
Projects, $500,000 for District Wide Curriculum/Technology Purchases, and $85,350 for
OPEB Obligations as Committed Fund Balance Reserves.
· Northampton Area School District Business Office, as the 2015-2016 NASD tax collector for Lehigh Township effective January 1, 2016.
· Bills for payment.
· Michael Manes as Northampton Area Public Library Trustee for the term of September 8, 2015, to September 8, 2018, at the recommendation of the NAPL Board of Trustees.
· Creation of an Elementary Band Student Activity Account and Elementary Orchestra Student Activity Account to replace the current Elementary Instrumental Student Activity Account.