THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the board of education’s deliberations and actions
Regular board meeting
JANUARY 11, 2016
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
Michael Brown Weight Room Supervisor/Intramurals
Louis Orth Weight Room Supervisor/Intramurals
Lisa Williams Ticket Taker/Ticket Seller
Zachary Winter Statistician/Weight Room Supervisor/Intramurals
Gianna Beleno - Spring Musical Director – High School - $2,984.00
Mariacruz Urtasun - Spanish Club Advisor – High School (8/31/15 to 10/2/15 – on leave beginning 10/5/15) - $170.16
Linda Kney - Spanish Club Advisor – High School (10/5/15 to 1/21/16) - $467.94
· Textbook Adoptions for the 2015-2016 School Year for a total district cost of $143,886.74 and a KtO Grant Funding of $5,293.75. All textbook costs are included in the Board approved curriculum budget.
· 1. Approval of Preliminary Budget for 2016-2017. That the School Board does approve the preliminary budget for fiscal year 2016-2017; the Revenues and Expenditures are as follows:
General Fund - $100,585,376
Athletic Fund - $196,047
Food Service Fund - $2,364,686
The preliminary budget has been made available for public inspection at least twenty (20) days prior to adoption and public notice of the Board’s intent to adopt the preliminary budget has been given at least 10 days in advance pursuant to Act 1 of Special Session of 2006.
2. Approval to seek Exceptions. That the School Board does hereby authorize the administration to seek approval from the Department of Education (Department) for certain exceptions allowed under Act 1, that if approved by the Department, will allow the School District to increase the rate of tax levied for the support of its schools during fiscal year 2016-2017 by more than the index allowed under Act 1 of Special Session 2006. The Board’s intent to seek exceptions shall be advertised in a newspaper of general circulation and on the District’s publicly accessible internet site at least one week prior to submitting the request to PDE.
3. Authorization to advertise the intent to seek Exceptions: That the School Board does hereby authorize the administration to give notice in a newspaper of general circulation and on the School District's internet site (website) of the District’s intent to seek approval from the Department for exceptions.
· 2015-2016 Budget Transfers.
· Bills for Payment.