northampton area school district
THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the board of education’s deliberations and actions
Regular board meeting
FEBRUARY 22, 2016
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
· Ms. Lindsey Santanasto to attend the PA DECA State Conference as a replacement chaperone in place of Mrs. Jaclyn Grejda on March 1, 2, and 3, 2016, in Hershey, Pennsylvania.
· Professional status and tenure for the following teacher who has received six satisfactory evaluations:
George Wolf Elementary School - Jamie Rockwell.
· Resignation of Patricia Ondrejca, Instructional Assistant, for the purpose of superannuated retirement, effective on or about June 7, 2016.
· Additions and deletions to the Substitute Listing for the 2015-2016 school year.
· Revised Master District Volunteer List for the 2015-16 school year.
· Melissa Werkheiser, Short Term Substitute Special Education Teacher at Franklin Elementary, effective February 23, 2016, through the remainder of the 2015-2016 school year, at the daily rate of $125.00, no benefits.
· The following for Extra-Curricular & Supplemental Positions for the 2016-2017 school year, effective September 1, 2016, through August 31, 2017. Stipend may be adjusted upon settlement of the new NAEA Collective Bargaining Agreement. Ann Savkova - Fall Play Director - $2,984.00
· The following coaches and stipends, effective July 1, 2016, through June 30, 2017, for the appropriate sports season. Stipend may be adjusted upon settlement of the new NAEA Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Chad Gruver - Assistant Football Coach - $4,859.00 (80% of 77%)
Terry Kohler - Assistant Girls Soccer Coach - $4,269.00 (100% of 100%)
· The following athletic coaching staff member and stipend for the 2015-2016 school year:
Ashley Gulla - Assistant Track Coach - $1,702.00 (80% of 50%)
· Mrs. Sarah Aduddell to conduct Psychological Evaluations for an amount not to exceed $12,250.00, no benefits included through June 30, 2016.
· Resignation of Kayann Unangst, Attendance Secretary at the High School, effective February 11, 2016.
· Three (3) year service agreement with Reading Elevator Service, Inc., of Reading, Pennsylvania, for the Administration Building elevator at an annual cost of $3,300, which is a 0% increase, for the period of January 2016 through December 2018.
· Establishment of The William H. Walls Memorial Scholarship Award.
· Treasurer’s Report.
· 2014-15 Audit Report as prepared by the local auditors, Gorman & Associates, P.C.
· PlanCon Part H, “Project Financing” and give approval to submit PlanCon Part H to the Pennsylvania Department of Education for approval.
· Bills for Payment.