THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the board of education’s deliberations and actions
Regular board meeting
APRIL 25, 2016
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
· Revised Master District Volunteer List for the 2015-16 school year.
· Mr. and Mrs. Lafayette Harvey with child Aminah and Mr. and Mrs. Michael Geist with children Joseph, Zachary, and Isabella to attend the PDE Title I State Parent Conference at Seven Springs, PA, on July 18 – July 20, 2016, at a cost not to exceed $2,155.00. The cost of the conference will be covered through the Title I Parent Involvement funds which have been budgeted specifically for this purpose. There is no cost to the District for this conference.
· Mr. Robert Steckel Principal of the Northampton Area High School at an annual salary of $108,000, pro-rated, plus all benefits of the Act 93 Bargaining Agreement effective April 26, 2016.
· Summer School Instructors and their reimbursement based on the current Supplemental Reimbursement for Extra Services – Curriculum and Instruction. Effective dates for the program will be June 20, 2016, through July 28, 2016.
· Adopt the 2016-17 Colonial IU 20 General Operating Budget in the amount of $3,317,180 with the NASD portion of $40,098.87 required to fund the budget.
· Treasurer’s Report.
· Lunch prices for the 2016-17 school year as follows:
Student $ 2.05 $ 2.25
Student Entrée Only $ 1.85 $ 2.00
Student Milk (1/2 pint) $ 0.50 $ 0.50
Adult-- $3.75; Adult Entrée Only-- Range $2.00 to $3.00
· 2016-17 A La Carte prices for the school lunch program.
· Bills for Payment.
· Creation of a Middle School SWPBS/OLWEUS Student Activity Account.
· Expulsion Hearing Waiver for Middle School student number 2015-08.