THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the board of education’s deliberations and actions
Regular board meeting
JULY 11, 2016
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
· Crystal Becker, a paid FMLA leave of absence, beginning August 16, 2016, through August 25, 2016, and an unpaid FMLA leave, with insurance, beginning August 29, 2016, through November 11, 2016, as per Federal Government regulations.
· Resignation of Dennis Keiser, Custodian, for the purpose of superannuated retirement, effective September 30, 2016.
· Matthew Frailey, Assistant to the Athletic Director, effective for the fall, winter and spring seasons of the 2016-2017 school year, with a stipend of $2,800.00, per sports season, no additional benefits.
· Angela Munjone, After School Detention Monitor at the High School, effective for the 2016-2017 school year. Her hourly rate will be $50.15, based on a Master’s degree, no additional benefits.
· Christopher Bastidas, TPE Health/Physical Education Teacher at the Middle School, effective August 22, 2016, pending receipt of required documentation. His salary will be $50,964.00, with benefits, based on a Bachelor’s +15 degree and Step 5, per the Collective Bargaining Agreement between NASD and NAEA.
· Christine Nemeh, TPE ESL Itinerant Teacher at George Wolf, Lehigh and Moore Elementary Schools, effective August 22, 2016. Her salary will be $48,520.00, with benefits, based on a Bachelor’s +15 degree and Step 1, per the Collective Bargaining Agreement between NASD and NAEA.
· Adoption of the following new policy, effective July 12, 2016: 824 – Naloxone.
· Adoption of the following revised policies, effective July 12, 2016: 247 – Hazing and 908 – Relations with Parents.
· A three (3) year service agreement with Communication Systems, Inc., of Allentown, Pennsylvania, to service, inspect, test, and document the fire alarm systems at the High School and Middle School from the period of July 1, 2016, through June 30, 2019, at an annual rate of $4,276.
· A three (3) year fire alarm monitoring agreement with Communication Systems, Inc., of Allentown, Pennsylvania, with a 0% increase for the Northampton Area High School and a new fire alarm monitoring agreement for the new Northampton Area Middle School at the following costs:
High School annual cost $384 (Effective 8/24/16 thru 8/23/19)
Middle School annual cost $384 (Effective 7/17/16 thru 7/16/19)
· A three (3) year contract with Eastern Telephone and Telecommunication, Inc., (ET&T) of Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, for the period of July 1, 2016, through June 30, 2019, at a cost of $10,500.00 per year to service, maintain, and apply software updates to our District phone systems.
· A three (3) year service agreement for the chemical water treatment for the District’s boiler and chiller loop systems at George Wolf Elementary, Moore Elementary, Siegfried Elementary, the Middle School, and the High School to The Tustin Group of Norristown, Pennsylvania, at an annual rate of $3,012.
· A five (5) year service agreement with Otis Elevator of Allentown, Pennsylvania, for the three (3) elevators at the new Middle School. The service agreement is at an annual fee of $8,760.00 from the term of July 1, 2016, through June 30, 2021.
· The following Real Estate Tax Exonerations:
L5-1-12 - Northampton Area School District-2016 - $1,029.92 - Tax exempt entity
· A five (5) year Sports Medicine Services Agreement with St. Luke's University Hospital of Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, effective July 1, 2016, through June 30, 2021, at a cost for the first year in the amount of $55,000.00.
· Membership in the National IPA/TCPN purchasing cooperative.
· Bills for Payment.
· Tax Exonerations/Changes.
· Appoint Chuck Longacre, Michael Baird, and David Gogel as the Board voting delegates to participate in the PSBA Delegate Assembly to be held on Saturday, October 15, 2016, in Hershey, Pennsylvania.