THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the board of education’s deliberations and actions
Regular board meeting
SEPTEMBER 12, 2016
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
· Resignation for the purpose of Early Retirement, for Helen Suchajda, effective the end of the day September 7, 2016. Approve a waiver of the following requirements: Per School Code Sec. 1168 – obligation to return to service for one full school term upon conclusion of a sabbatical leave and notification to participate in the Early Retirement Incentive by February 1 or 120 calendar days prior to anticipated effective date of the school year prior to retirement.
· Resignation of Jolene Zito, Special Education Instructional Assistant, effective August 29, 2016.
· Resignation of Tanya Lamparter, 10-Month Attendance Secretary, effective September 14, 2016.
· Resignation of Kim Davis, Health and Physical Education Teacher and SADD Advisor, for the purpose of superannuated retirement, effective December 23, 2016.
· Additions and deletions to the Substitute Listing for the 2016-2017 school year.
· Resignation of Mary Ellen Kearns, Health Room Assistant, effective September 16, 2016.
· Revised Master District Volunteer List for the 2016-17 school year.
· Revised listing of Traffic Duty Monitors and hourly rates, effective August 29, 2016, through the end of the 2016-2017 school year.
· Voluntary transfer of Luis Torres from Middle Shift Security Officer to Day Shift Security Officer at the Middle School, effective retroactive to August 26, 2016, with no change in base salary.
· Voluntary transfer of Alyssa Silfies from Middle Shift Custodian to Third Shift Custodian at the Middle School, effective September 13, 2016, with no change in base salary.
· Juana Walker, Security Officer, effective retroactive to August 26, 2016. Her salary will be $19.28 per hour, no benefits, in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement between NASD and NASA.
· Mentor/Inductee List for the 2016-2017 school year including the mentors and stipend payment for the 2016-2017 school year.
· Sixty-eight (68) day Short-Term Substitute Teachers for the 2016-2017 school year. The per diem rate will be $125.00, per the Substitute Professional pay schedule, no benefits.
· Attendance of Mr. Robert Steckel at the 2016 Pennsylvania Principals Association State Conference in State College, PA, on October 30 through November 1, 2016, at an approximate cost of $965.00. The amount is included the 2016-2017 Board approved curriculum budget.
· Attendance of Ms. Kimberly Levin at the 2016 Pennsylvania Association for Supervision and Curriculum Conference to be held November 13 through November 14, 2016, in King of Prussia, PA, at an approximate cost of $373.00. The amount is included the 2016-2017 Board approved curriculum budget.
· Robert Hahn, Special Education Instructional Assistant at the Middle School, effective retroactive to August 29, 2016. His salary will be $11.55 per hour, with benefits, in accordance with the ESPA Agreement.
· Melissa Adams, Special Education Instructional Assistant at the Middle School, effective no later than September 19, 2016. Her salary will be $11.55 per hour, with benefits, in accordance with the ESPA Agreement.
· Sheila Kocher, Health Room Instructional Assistant at Siegfried Elementary School, effective September 13, 2016. Her salary will be $13.00 per hour, with benefits, in accordance with the ESPA Agreement.
· Participation of Mrs. Lauren Ezzell and chaperones Mr. Kevin Ezzell and Mrs. Christine Marto to accompany our high school students to Quebec City, Canada, on June 15-18, 2017. There will be no cost to the District.
· Adoption of the following new and/or revised policies, effective September 13, 2016: 610 – Purchases
Subject to Bid/Quotation, 611 - Purchases Budgeted, 612 - Purchases Not Budgeted (New), and 613 - Cooperative Purchasing (New).
· Law Enforcement Liability Insurance coverage by Scottsdale Insurance Company at a cost of $6,161.00 for the period of September 5, 2016, to June 30, 2017.
· Contract for Speech and Language services at Colonel John Siegfried Elementary School at a cost not to exceed $19,500.00.
· Letter of Agreement between the Northampton Area School District and Colonial Intermediate Unit 20 for the purpose of providing 1) remedial instruction in reading and math to non-proficient students in qualifying non-public schools at a cost of: 1) $13,894.40 for instruction, 2) $165.00 for parent involvement programming, and 3) Colonial IU20 administrative service fee at 3% of the total. These costs for the Non-Public School services are covered through the 2016-2017 Title I grant.
· Bills for Payment.
· Contract with Maxim Healthcare Services for a district student who attends an IU operated Multiple Disabilities Support Classroom for an amount not to exceed $52,920.
· Authorize the School Board Secretary to cast the Northampton Area School District’s Board of School Directors vote for the following PSBA Officers in accordance with the PSBA voting requirement: Michael Faccinetto as President-elect, David Hutchinson as Vice President, William S. LaCoff, Kathy K. Swope, Mark B. Miller, Marianne L. Neel, and Michael Faccinetto as PSBA Insurance Trustees, for this year’s PSBA officers.