THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the board of education’s deliberations and actions
Regular board meeting
november 7, 2016
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
· Resignation of Beth Arcury, Certified School Dental Hygienist, for the purpose of superannuated retirement, effective June 2, 2017, or the last teacher day of the 2016-2017 school year.
· Resignation of Marilyn Detrick, Special Education Teacher, for the purpose of superannuated retirement, effective June 2, 2017, or the last teacher day of the 2016-2017 school year.
· Additions and deletions to the Substitute Listing for the 2016-2017 school year.
· Revised Master District Volunteer List for the 2016-17 school year.
· Revised listing of Traffic Duty Monitors and hourly rates, effective for the 2016-2017 school year.
· Attendance of Mrs. Ann Savkova, Mr. Andrew Peartree, Ms. Genevieve Wilde, Ms. Judy Pursell, and 32 Drama Club students, to the Pennsylvania State Thespian Conference in York, Pennsylvania, on December 1, 2, and 3, 2016. Total cost to the District will not exceed $600.00.
· Renee Sallit as Acting Principal of the Borough Elementary Schools, effective January 2, 2017, with a stipend of $1,000.00 per month until a permanent Principal is hired.
· Michael Miller, TPE Health and Physical Education Teacher at the High School, effective December 20, 2016. His salary will be $47,720.00, with benefits, based on a Bachelor’s degree and Step 1, per the Collective Bargaining Agreement between NASD and NAEA.
· The following extra-curricular staff members and stipends for the 2016-2017 school year:
Genevieve Wilde - Fall Play Business Advisor – HS (10/11/16 to 11/14/16, pro-rated) - $223.31
Genevieve Wilde - Spring Musical Business Advisor – HS - $518.00
Linda Deurer - Northampton Volunteer Club Co-Advisor – HS - $200.00
Rebecca Wagner - Northampton Volunteer Club Co-Advisor – HS - $200.00
Andrea Wasilko - SADD Advisor – HS - (1/13/17 to 6/1/17, pro-rated) - $1,232.00
Angela Mitchell - Spring Musical Instrumental Advisor – HS - $2,623.00
· Contract between the Northampton Area School District and Mr. Paul Buechle as a Psychoeducational Evaluator effective November 7, 2016. The contract will terminate on June 30, 2017. The provided services will not exceed $12,000.00, plus milage.
· List of Instructional Assistants to serve as a substitute teacher under the Emergency Permit provision. Compensation will be $100 per day, or their current per diem rate, whichever is higher.
· Krista Schrader, District Office Secretary, effective November 29, 2016. Her salary will be $16.44 per hour, 80% of the position rate, with benefits, in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement between NASD and NAESPA.
· The following additions to the Athletic Event Staff for the 2016-2017 school year:
John Ilgenfritz Scoreboard
Bradford Sell Security/Usher/Scoreboard/Game Mgr.
Stephen Fahringer Scoreboard
Ann Frankl Ticket Seller/Collector
· Christina Tabarani, Short Term Substitute English Teacher at the Middle School, effective on or about November 29, 2016, through on or about February 24, 2017. Her salary will be $125.00 per day, no benefits.
· Caitlin Craig, Short Term Substitute Special Education Teacher at the Middle School, effective November 17, 2016, through February 9, 2017. Her salary will be $125.00 per day, no benefits.
· A two year extension till June 30, 2021, with Provident Energy Consulting LLC with an updated Resolution for the purchase of electricity at the consulting rate of one mil ($.001) per kilowatt-hour.
· Accept and approve the vendor(s) for fuel oil for the 2017-2018 school year as recommended by the Northampton/Monroe/Pike County Joint Purchasing Board and to be approved by the Colonial IU#20 Board of Directors at their December 2016 regularly scheduled meeting.
· 2016-2017 Budget Transfers.
· Disposal of obsolete audio-visual and computer equipment/components to Marth’s Container & Disposal Service at a cost of $1,850.
· Bills for Payment.
· Expulsion Hearing Waiver for High School student number 2016-05.
· Appointment of John Becker to serve on the Board of School Directors to fill a vacancy created by the resignation of Mrs. Jennifer Miller, effective November 8, 2016.