THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the board of education’s deliberations and actions
Regular board meeting
February 13, 2017
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
· Resignation of Stephen Weslosky, Custodian, for the purpose of superannuated retirement, effective March 3, 2017.
· Resignation of JoAnn Zackey, Instructional Assistant, for the purpose of superannuated retirement, effective retroactive to February 1, 2017.
· Resignation of Suzanne Kutzler, Elementary Teacher for the purpose of superannuated retirement, effective June 2, 2017, or the last teacher day of the 2016-2017 school year.
· Resignation of Nancy Anderson, Family Consumer Science Teacher, for the purpose of superannuated retirement, effective June 2, 2017, or the last teacher day of the 2016-2017 school year.
· Additions and deletions to the Substitute Listing for the 2016-2017 school year.
· Leigh Zakutansky, an unpaid FMLA childrearing leave, with insurance, for the first marking period of the 2017-2018 school year, as per Federal Government regulations.
· Revised Master District Volunteer List for the 2016-17 school year.
· Voluntary transfer of Lisa Druckenmiller as Reading Instructional Assistant in the Borough Elementary Schools to Moore Elementary School, effective retroactive to February 13, 2017, with no change in salary.
· Mr. Ryan Mertz and one student, to attend the PMEA Regional Orchestra Festival at Bangor Area High School in Bangor, Pennsylvania. The student will be attending March 8 through March 10, 2017. Mr. Mertz will be attending on March 8 and March 10, 2017. The approximate cost to the District is $162.00. The costs are included in the curriculum budget.
· Mrs. Tara Mrazik, Mrs. Maryann Miller, Mrs. Ann Harrington, Mrs. Allison Fiorini, Mrs. Leigh Zakutansky, Mrs. Neali Feimster, Mrs. Tara Walbert, Mrs. Jaclyn Grejda, Mr. Matthew
Greenplate, Mr. John Blick, Mr. Andrew Peartree, and Mr. Ryan Brobst to attend the PA DECA State Conference along with one hundred and seventy-two (172) DECA students, on
February 22, 23, and 24, 2017, in Hershey,Pennsylvania. Ms. Bernadette Rabel will be an alternate chaperone in the event one of the chaperones named above is not able to attend.
Maximum cost to the District will be $13,709.00. All costs to the District are included in the Board approved 2016-2017 high school and curriculum budgets.
· Adoption of the following new and/or revised policies, effective February 14, 2017: 203.2 – Exposure to Bloodborne Pathogens, 224 – Care of School Property, 251 – Homeless Students, and 255 – Educational Stability for Children in Foster Care.
· A three (3) year extension beginning June 1, 2017, and expiring May 31, 2020, of the Contract between Direct Energy and the School District and authorize the School Board President and Secretary to sign the Contract on behalf of the District and authorize Robert Yanders to sign the attachments that provide authorizations to Direct Energy and its agents and the District’s utility provider to access information and facilities for purposes of Contract implementation.
· Administration to submit PlanCon Part I, “Interim Reporting” to the Pennsylvania Department of Education for approval.
· General, Electrical, Mechanical, Asbestos, and Plumbing Contractor change orders and credits for unused allowances on the new Middle School Construction Project #3687 totaling $349,214.82.
· Appoint Northampton Area School District Business Office as the 2016-17 NASD tax collector for Northampton Borough effective January 2, 2017.
· Tuition rates of $335.00 per two-hour course for resident students and $385.00 per two-hour course for non-resident students for the 2017 summer school program. Tuition costs for courses less than or greater than two hours will be pro-rated.
· 2016-2017 Budget transfers.
· Bills for Payment.