THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the board of education’s deliberations and actions
Regular board meeting
march 13, 2017
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
· A half-year sabbatical for Carrie Abruzzi, for the purpose of professional development, for the first semester of the 2017-2018 school year.
· Amanda Seibert, a paid childbearing leave of absence, beginning on or about April 28, 2017, through May 19, 2017 – AM, and an unpaid FMLA childrearing leave, beginning May 19, 2017 – PM, through the end of the 2016-2017 school year, with insurance, as per Federal Government regulations.
· Brigette Bailey an unpaid FMLA leave of absence beginning February 6, 2017, through April 17, 2017, with insurance, as per Federal Government regulations.
· Kelly Backenstoe, an extension to her unpaid FMLA childrearing leave of absence, with insurance, through April 26, 2017, as per Federal Government regulations.
· Kristin Chevez, an extension to her unpaid childrearing leave of absence, through the 2017-2018 school year, no insurance.
· Resignation of David Gradwhol, Custodian, for the purpose of superannuated retirement, effective August 3, 2017.
· Additions and deletions to the Substitute Listing for the 2016-2017 school year.
· Resignation of Leanne Follweiler, Cafeteria Monitor, effective end of day March 10, 2017.
· Revised Master District Volunteer List for the 2016-17 school year.
· Revised Mentor/Inductee List for the 2016-2017 School Year including the mentors and stipend payment for the 2016-2017 school year.
· The following list of KtO Keystone Prep Instructors and their reimbursement, based on the current Supplemental Reimbursement for Extra Services – Curriculum and Instruction. The
Keystone program will be held March 2017, through August 2017, at no cost to the District.
Lauren Belowich – Algebra I - Master’s Degree - $50.15/hour
Bernadette Rabel – Biology - Master’s Degree - $50.15/hour
· Voluntary transfer of Daniel Pritko from Tuesday through Saturday Custodian at Siegfried Elementary to Third Shift Custodian at the High School, effective March 13, 2017, with no
change in base salary.
· Renee Sallit, Principal of the Borough Elementary Schools, effective March 14, 2017. Salary will be $91,500.00, prorated, with benefits, and in accordance with the Act 93 Agreement.
· 1:1 Associate Teacher to support a Northampton Area School District student who attends the IU 20 Autistic Support classroom located at Nazareth Middle School to be paid through
· Jolene Ruff, Hall Monitor at the High School, effective March 14, 2017. Her salary will be $11.55 per hour, 80% of the position rate, with limited benefits, in accordance with the
Collective Bargaining Agreement between NASD and ESPA.
· Attendance of Mr. Shaun Murray at the 2017 Pennsylvania State Athletic Directors Annual Conference in Hershey, PA, on March 22-23, 2017 at an approximate cost of $774.55. The
amount is included the 2016-2017 Board approved curriculum budget.
· Adoption of the following new, reaffirmed, and reviewed policies, effective March 14, 2017: 011 – Board Governance Standards/Code of Conduct, 808.2 - Collection of Delinquent
Meal Payments, and 826 - Record Retention.
· PlanCon Part K, “Project Refinancing” for the General Obligation Bonds, Series of 2017 and give approval to submit PlanCon Part K to the Pennsylvania Department of Education for
· A 5-year agreement (July 1, 2017, through June 30, 2022) with optional extensions up to 24 months with RCN Telecom Services, LLC for district network communications services in the
amount of $4,000.00 per month.
· A 60-month lease with Pitney Bowes for a SendPro P1500 Mailing System in the Administration Building at a cost of $274.94/month.
· 2016-2017 Budget Transfers.
· Bills for Payment.
· Expulsion Hearing Waiver for High School student number 2016-12.
· Colonial Intermediate Unit 20 to act on behalf of Northampton Area School District for Fraud Checks related to ACCESS Billing at no cost to the District.