THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the board of education’s deliberations and actions
Regular board meeting
May 8, 2017
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
· Brigette Bailey, an extension to her unpaid FMLA leave of absence, with insurance, through April 21, 2017, as per Federal Government regulations.
· Christine Marto, a paid childbearing leave of absence, beginning on or about May 17, 2017, through June 1, 2017 – AM, and an unpaid FMLA childbearing leave, beginning June 1, 2017 – PM, through the end of the 2016-2017 school year, with insurance, as per Federal Government regulations.
· Additions and deletions to the Substitute Listing for the 2016-2017 school year.
· Revised Master District Volunteer List for the 2016-2017 school year.
· Mr. and Mrs. Jairo Zorilla with children Jesiah Bernard and Aiden Randell, to attend the PDE Title I State Parent Conference at Seven Springs, PA, on July 10 – July 12, 2017 at a cost not to exceed $1,166.00. The cost of the conference will be covered through the Title I Parent Involvement funds which have been budgeted specifically for this purpose. There is no cost to the District for this conference.
· Voluntary transfer of Cornelius McHugh, High School Science Teacher, to the temporary assignment of Long Term Substitute Technology Facilitator at the High School, effective for the 2017-2018 school year.
· Voluntary transfer of Christopher Erdo, Middle School Science Teacher, to the temporary assignment of Long Term Substitute General/Physical Science Teacher at the High School, effective for the 2017-2018 school year.
· The following addition to the Athletic Event Staff for the 2016-2017 school year:
Amy Pandolfo Game Manager, Tickets, Security, Usher
· Re-classification of Jeffrey Fragnito and Jason Gray, from Category I – Group B, Technology Assistant to Category I – Group A, Technology Technician, in the ESPA Collective Bargaining Agreement, effective July 1, 2017.
· Listing of Student Summer Help, along with their compensation rate of $7.25 per hour effective for the summer of 2017.
· List of teachers and 1:1 Instructional Assistants to provide Extended School Year (ESY) and Chapter 15/Section 504 Services for the summer 2017.
· Revised Community Education Spring 2017 Roster of Instructors and stipends for the 2016-2017 school year.
· Adoption of the following new and/or reviewed policies, effective May 9, 2017: 209.2 - Diabetes Management, 339 - Uncompensated Absences, 439 - Uncompensated Absences, 539 - Uncompensated Absences, and 918 - Title I (Federal Funded Program) Parental Involvement.
· Carbon Lehigh Intermediate Unit Student Driver Education Program Agreement.
· 2016-2017 Budget Transfers.
· Athletic ticket prices for the 2017-18 school year as follows:
Senior Citizen (62+) Free
· The 2017-18 Proposed General Fund/Athletic Fund/ & Food Services Budget with the total venues and expenditures listed below and authorize administration to advertise and make the Proposed Budget available for inspection to the public:
General Fund $102,742,322.00
Athletic Fund $ 212,034.00
Food Services Fund $ 2,413,955.00
· The 2017-18 Supply Bids as follows:
Art $ 14,065.54
Cleaning $ 66,986.33
General Art $ 2,923.38
Health $ 3,277.45
Maintenance $ 51,192.98
Computer $ 1,638.51
General Supplies $ 28,741.91
· Tax Exonerations/Changes.
· Letter of Agreement and Fee Schedule from Vantagen, LLC to administer the District’s Flexible Benefits Plan for the period of July 1, 2017, to June 30, 2019.
· Bills for Payment.
· Expulsion Hearing Waiver for High School student number 2016-16.
· Appoint Dr. Michael Baird, Mr. David Gogel, and Mr. Chuck Longacre as the Board voting delegates to participate in the PSBA Delegate Assembly to be held on Friday, October 20, 2017, in Hershey, PA.
· Creation of a Lou Wolf Scholarship Fund to benefit senior scholar athletes.