THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the board of education’s deliberations and actions
Regular board meeting
May 22, 2017
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
· Appoint Matthew Sawarynski as Board Treasurer for the term of July 1, 2017, through June 30, 2018.
· Termination of the temporary assignments effective the end of the 2016-2017 school year.
· Additions and deletions to the Substitute Listing for the 2016-2017 school year.
· Revised Master District Volunteer List for the 2016-17 school year.
· Chaperones, Mrs. Lauren Ezzell, Mr. Kevin Ezzell, Ms. Stephanie Vasko, and Ms. Jacqueline Hanson to accompany our High School students to Quebec City, Canada, on June 15-18, 2017. There will be no cost to the District.
· The following list of KtO Keystone Prep Instructors and their reimbursement, based on the current
Supplemental Reimbursement for Extra Services – Curriculum and Instruction. The Keystone program will be held April 2017, through August 2017, at no cost to the District.
Lauren Belowich – Algebra I - Master’s Degree - $50.15/hour
Bernadette Rabel – Biology - Master’s Degree -$50.15/hour
Matthew Greenplate – Algebra I - Master’s Degree - $50.15/hour
Lindsey Santanasto – English Literature - Bachelor’s Degree - $45.69/hour
Genevieve Wilde – Biology - Master’s Degree - $50.15/hour
· Contract with the Confidential Employees, as presented, for the term of July 1, 2017, through June 30, 2021.
· Security Guard employees to work at the High School and Middle School during the summer of 2017, also allowing other guards to substitute, at their regular hourly rate of pay, and if necessary, substitutes, at the approved substitute rate of pay.
· Mr. and Mrs. Kuehn with children Alivia and Aliyah Kuehn to attend the PDE Title I State Parent Conference at Seven Springs, PA, on July 10 – July 12, 2017, at a cost not to exceed $1,149.00. The cost of the conference will be covered through the Title I Parent Involvement funds which have been budgeted specifically for this purpose. There is no cost to the District for this conference.
· The following elementary teachers as Supplies Coordinator for the 2016-17 school year, with a stipend of $517.00 each:
Robert Lawlor – George Wolf Elementary
Karen Paterick – Lehigh Elementary
Ann Haldaman-Dremock – Moore Elementary
· Voluntary transfer of Edward Schoeneberger from Middle Shift Custodian at the High School to Middle Shift Custodian at the Middle School, effective July 5, 2017, with no change in base salary, in accordance with the current Collective Bargaining Agreement.
· Listing of head coaches and assistant coaches with their designated payments, effective July 1, 2017, through June 30, 2018, for the appropriate sport season.
· Agreement between D’Huy Engineering, Inc., and Northampton Area School District for Resident Project Engineering Services for the Pre-Design Phase of the Lehigh Elementary School Project at a cost of $35,000.00.
· Treasurer’s Report.
· Accept the 2017-18 property tax reduction allocation at $1,467,218.79 to reduce property taxes and set the homestead/farmstead exclusion at the same fixed amount.
· Authorize the Administration to pay final invoices applicable to the 2016-17 budget and to make necessary budget transfers to close the fiscal year in conjunction with Gorman and Associates, P.C., the district’s independent auditor.
· Bills for Payment.
· Expulsion Hearing Waiver for High School student number 2016-18.