THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the board of education’s deliberations and actions
Regular board meeting
SEPTEMBER 11, 2017
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
· Resignation of Colotta Knittle, Cafeteria Monitor, effective June 2, 2017.
· Additions and deletions to the Substitute Listing for the 2017-2018 school year.
· Revised Master District Volunteer List for the 2017-2018 school year.
· Revised listing of Traffic Duty Monitors and hourly rates, effective August 28, 2017, through the end of the 2017-2018 school year.
· Athletic Event Staff for the 2017-2018 school year, effective August 1, 2017, through June 30, 2018.
· Listing of individuals to oversee Intramural programs and the Weight rooms for the 2017-2018 school year, effective August 1, 2017, through June 30, 2018.
· List of After School Detention Monitors and their reimbursement, effective for the 2017-2018 school year.
· Instructional Assistants who possess valid teaching certificates as substitute teachers for the 2017-2018 school year.
· Current professional teaching staff employees as potential Homebound Instructors, retroactive to August 28, 2017, through the last day of the 2017-2018 school year. In accordance with the current Collective Bargaining Agreement between NASD and NAEA, the hourly rate of pay for homebound instruction is:
Bachelor’s Degree - $45.69 per hour Master’s Degree - $50.15 per hour
· The following athletic coaching staff members and stipends for the 2017-2018 school year:
Travis Hartzell - Assistant Boys Volleyball Coach - $1,500.00
Patrick Miller - Assistant Football Coach - $3,944.00
· Adoption of the following revised policies, effective September 12, 2017: 200 - Enrollment of Students
and 204 – Attendance, and the deletion of the following policy, effective September 12, 2017: 204.1 – Habitually Truant Students.
· D’Huy Engineering, Inc., contract for engineering services for a total retainer fee of $21,600.00 per year.
· Solar Power Termination Agreements/Termination Notices (the Termination Agreements/Notices) for the termination of the Solar Lease Agreements and the Solar Power Purchase Agreements (the Agreements) for the Moore Elementary School and Lehigh Elementary School. A copy of the Termination Agreements/Notices shall be sent to Energy Alliance in accordance with the mailing instructions received from Energy Alliance.
· Bills for payment.
· Authorize the School Board Secretary to cast the Northampton Area School District’s Board of School
Directors vote for the following PSBA Officers in accordance with the PSBA voting requirement: David Hutchinson as President-elect, Gary Michael Smedley as Vice President, Mike Gossert as Treasurer, Michael Faccinetto and Marianne Neel as PSBA Insurance Trust Trustees, for this year’s PSBA officers.