THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the board of education’s deliberations and actions
Regular board meeting
November 6, 2017
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
· Resignation of Giuseppi Geremia, Custodian at the Middle School, effective October 13, 2017, and to end his employment as per Agreement.
· Beth Wills, a paid childbearing leave of absence, beginning on or about February 12, 2018, through March 28, 2018, and an unpaid FMLA childrearing leave, beginning April 3, 2018, through the remainder of the 2017-2018 school year, with insurance, as per Federal Government regulations.
· Resignation of Elizabeth Kish, 68-day Short-Term Substitute Teacher at George Wolf Elementary School, effective end of the day October 30, 2017.
· Resignation of William Marks as Assistant Football Coach, effective October 30, 2017.
· Resignation of Darryl Meashock, Custodian, for the purpose of superannuated retirement, effective end of the day February 1, 2018.
· Additions and deletions to the Substitute Listing for the 2017-2018 school year.
· Revised Master District Volunteer List for the 2017-18 school year.
· Participation of Mrs. April Krempasky, Mrs. Theresa Wenck, and Mrs. Christine Marto in the 2017-2018 German American Partnership Program (GAPP), to accompany twenty-four (24) students to Germany for the exchange visit and coordinating and hosting the visiting German students to our District in March 2018. The $2,700.00 cost to the District is included in the Board approved 2017-18 curriculum budget.
· Revised listing of 68-day Short-Term Substitute Teachers for the 2017-2018 school year. The per diem rate will be $125.00, per the Substitute Professional pay schedule, no benefits.
· Revised list of After School Detention Monitors and their reimbursement, effective for the 2017-2018 school year.
· Revised Mentor/Inductee List for the 2017-2018 School Year including the mentors and stipend payment for the 2017-2018 school year.
· Attendance of Mr. John Bendekovits, Ms. Jamie Horvath, and Mr. Cornelius McHugh at the Pennsylvania Educational Technology Expo & Conference in Hershey, Pennsylvania, on February 11-14, 2018, at an approximate cost of $2,024.35. The amount is included the 2017-2018 Board approved curriculum budget.
· The following extra-curricular staff member and stipend for the 2017-2018 school year:
Anthony Beleno - Spring Musical Set Design Advisor – High School - $1,007.00
· Agreement with Attachments A through E with KCBA Architects, Hatfield, Pennsylvania, as reviewed by the District Solicitor, to provide architectural services to the District for the New Lehigh Elementary Grades K-5 School project.
· 2017-2018 Budget Transfers.
· Vendor(s) for Fuel Oil for the 2018-2019 school year as recommended by the Northampton/Monroe/Pike County Joint Purchasing Board and to be approved by the Colonial IU#20 Board of Directors at their December 2017 regularly scheduled meeting.
· Bills for Payment.
· Elect Dr. Dean M. Donaher to replace the vacancy of Jose Rosado on the Northampton Community College Board of Trustees through June 30, 2018.