THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the board of education’s deliberations and actions
Regular board meeting
November 20, 2017
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
· Mariacruz Urtasun an unpaid FMLA leave of absence beginning November 20, 2017 - PM, through December 22, 2017, with insurance, as per Federal Government regulations.
· Denise Cole an unpaid leave of absence, beginning November 2, 2017, through November 21, 2017, no insurance.
· Additions and deletions to the Substitute Listing for the2017-2018 school year.
· Revised Master District Volunteer List for the 2017-18 school year.
· Attendance of Ms. Catherine Espinal, Mr. Andrew Peartree, Ms. Genevieve Wilde, and fourteen (14) Drama Club students, to the Pennsylvania State Thespian Conference in York, Pennsylvania, on November 30, December 1, and 2, 2017. Total cost to the District will not exceed $600.00.
· Monica Klucharich, Long Term Substitute English Teacher at the Middle School, effective on or about January 19, 2018, for the second semester of the 2017-2018 school year. Her salary will be $280.26 per diem, based on a Master’s degree and Step 1, without benefits.
· Additions to the extra-curricular staff members and stipends for the 2017-2018 school year.
· Sarah Aduddell, as a school psychologist at an initial salary of $19,740, no benefits, for a term beginning January 15, 2018, through June 30, 2019, subject to the terms and conditions of the contract pending receipt of acceptable documentation.
· Northampton Area High School 2018-2019 Program of Studies.
· Title III program – “Embracing English for Adults” (EEFA) which will be held from January 24, 2018, through March 14, 2018, in the High School Library. Parents will be able to attend at no cost. Additionally, there is no cost to the District for providing this instruction for the parents. Also approve the following staff members who will be paid with Title III funds, at no cost to the District:
EL Instructor – Paula Ulrich
EL Instructor – Carla McCoy
EL Instructor – Christine Nemeh
Previous EL Teacher: Allison Knerr
· Treasurer’s Report.
· Disposal of obsolete equipment and components by sale to TechnologyExchange for $30,013.
· ELD Services Contract as defined within, between the Bethlehem Area School District and
Northampton Area School District in order to provide EL (English Learner) Services to a Northampton Area School District student at Colonial Academy for the 2017-2018 school year at a cost of $56.74 per hour.
· Additional hours for a Contracted Special Education Teacher (through Providastaff/EDU Healthcare) to
provide home instruction at a cost not to exceed $24,750.00. This cost is part of the 2017-2018 Board approved Special Education budget.
· Tax Exonerations/Changes.
· Bills for Payment.
· Northampton Area High School Drama Boosters to support the drama programs at the High School. There will be no expense to the District.