THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the board of education’s deliberations and actions
Regular board meeting
JANUARY 10, 2018
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
· Elyse Matika, a paid childbearing leave of absence, beginning on or about March 19, 2018, through May 3, 2018 – AM, and an unpaid FMLA childrearing leave, beginning May 3, 2018 – PM, through May 11, 2018, with insurance, as per Federal Government regulations.
· A half-year sabbatical for Carolyn Albright, for the purpose of professional development, for the first semester of the 2018-2019 school year.
· Revised job descriptions for the following positions: Cafeteria Monitor, Hall Monitor and Instructional Assistant – Study Hall, effective January 8, 2018.
· Mr. Ryan Mertz and four (4) students to attend the PMEA District 10 Orchestra Festival at Fleetwood High School, in Fleetwood, Pennsylvania. The students will be attending February 7 through February 9, 2018. Mr. Mertz will be attending on February 7 and 8, 2018. The approximate cost to the District is $799.76. The costs are included in the music budget (registration) and the curriculum budget (sub cost and mileage).
· Additions and deletions to the Substitute Listing for the 2017-2018 school year.
· Dana Werkheiser, a paid childbearing leave of absence, beginning on or about March 9, 2018, through April 4, 2018, and an unpaid FMLA childrearing leave, beginning April 5, 2018, through May 3, 2018, with insurance, as per Federal Government regulations.
· Revised Community Education Spring 2018 roster of instructors and stipends for the 2017-2018 school year.
· Revised Master District Volunteer List for the 2017-18 school year.
· Revised listing of 68-day Short-Term Substitute Teachers for the 2017-2018 school year. The per diem rate will be $125.00, per the Substitute Professional pay schedule, no benefits.
· Revised listing of Traffic Duty Monitors and hourly rates, effective August 28, 2017, through the end of the 2017-2018 school year.
· Crystal Becker, Long Term Substitute Guidance Counselor at the Middle School, effective on or about January 18, 2018, for the second semester of the 2017-2018 school year, and for the first semester of the 2018-2019 school year, at the per diem rates of $280.26, and $290.97, respectively, based on a Master’s degree and Step 1, with benefits.
· Karla Walker, Cafeteria Monitor at Moore Elementary School, effective retroactive to January 3, 2018. Her hourly rate will be $12.07 in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement between NASD and ESPA.
· Victoria Weber, Long Term Substitute Special Education Teacher at the Middle School, effective January 12, 2018, for the remainder of the 2017-2018 school year. Her salary will be $263.51 per diem, based on a Bachelor’s Degree and Step 1.
· Matthew Trapp, Short Term Substitute Computer I Teacher at the Middle School, effective retroactive to January 3, 2018, through April 30, 2018. His salary will be $150.00 per day.
· Adjustment of the Middle School Caring KIDS stipend for the 2017-2018 school year, as follows:
Pamela Hayford $549.50 for the Fall Semester
$274.75 for the Spring Semester
Felecia Strauch $274.75 for the Spring Semester
· Resolution for the purpose of approving, and authorizing the Board President and/or Superintendent of Schools to execute, the attached Agreement for the Sale of Real Estate (the Agreement) for the purchase of Ziegenfuss Property as described in the Agreement and for the further purpose of authorizing all actions necessary to complete the purchase of the property in accordance with the Resolution.
· A 55 month lease with Fraser Advanced Information Systems for a color copier to be located at George Wolf Elementary at a cost of $155.37/month.
· 2017-2018 Budget Transfers.
· Catalog Fixed Discount Program as awarded by the IU20 Joint Purchasing Board for the period January 1, 2018, through December 31, 2018.
· Bills or Payment.
· 2018-2019 school calendar.