THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the board of education’s deliberations and actions
Regular board meeting
FEBRUARY 26, 2018
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
· Sydney Coffey an unpaid FMLA leave of absence beginning February 27, 2018 – PM, through March 26, 2018.
· Resignation of Lynne Yanders, 12-Month Secretary, effective end of day March 9, 2018.
· Resignation of Mark McConnell, Custodian, effective end of day March 10, 2018.
· Additions and deletions to the Substitute Listing for the 2017-2018 school year.
· Resignation of Cynthia Stoudt, Health Room Instructional Assistant, for the purpose of superannuated retirement, effective June 6, 2018, or the last student day of the 2017-2018 school year.
· Revised Master District Volunteer List for the 2017-2018 school year.
· Revised listing of individuals to oversee Intramural programs and the Weight rooms for the 2017-2018 school year, effective August 1, 2017, through June 30, 2018.
· The following additions to the Athletic Event Staff for the 2017-2018 school year:
Donna Newhart Swimming Scorekeeper/Announcer
Terri Ertle Swimming Scorekeeper/Announcer
· Gina VanLuvanee, Short Term Substitute Grade 5 Teacher at George Wolf Elementary School, effective retroactive to January 26, 2018, through April 4, 2018. Her salary will be $125.00 per day.
· Janet Gehret, Special Education Head Secretary, effective March 12, 2018. Her salary will be $21.43 per hour, 95% of the position rate, with benefits, in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement between NASD and NAESPA.
· The following athletic coaching staff member and stipend for the 2017-2018 school year:
Auria Enright – Assistant Softball Coach - $2,446.00
· Approve the adoption of the following revised/reviewed policies, effective February 27, 2018: 214 - Class Rank, 217 - Graduation Requirements, 808 - Food Service, 808.2 - Collection of Delinquent Meal Payments, 810.3 - Transportation - Video/Audio Recording, and 826 - Record Retention/Retention Schedule. Approve the deletion of the following policies, effective February 27, 2018: 606 - Required Practices and Procedures for Tax Collectors and 821 - Participation of Retirees and Certain On Leave Personnel in District Benefit Programs.
· Authorize the signature of the Superintendent of Schools on an Engagement Letter dated February 21, 2018, submitted by Blair E. Bates for the purpose of preparing an appraisal in accordance with the terms and conditions as set forth in the Letter.
· Authorize the President of the School Board to sign and send a letter to the Department of General Services and the other named recipients in response to a letter sent by C.A.R.D. dated February 12, 2018.
· Treasurer’s Report.
· Bills for Payment.
· A three (3) year Agreement with Gorman & Associates, Certified Public Accountants from Northampton, PA to provide Auditing Services of the General Fund and Public Library for a total cost of $30,100 for the fiscal years of 2017-18, 2018-19, and 2019-20.
· Creation of a Middle School Student Activity Account – Caring Café.
· Signing of the Letter of Assurance/Affirmations by the Board president and the Superintendent for the
updated Special Education Program Profile.
· The following Trustees for the Northampton Area Public Library Board for the period of February 13, 2018, to February 13, 2021.
Ms. Kathleen Troxell, 2331 Main Street, Northampton PA
Ms. Crista Billowitch, 2374 Washington Avenue, Northampton PA