THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the board of education’s deliberations and actions
Regular board meeting
march 26, 2018
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
· Additions and deletions to the Substitute Listing for the 2017-2018 school year.
· Lauren Ezzell a paid childbearing leave of absence, beginning on or about May 24, 2018, through the last teacher day, an unpaid FMLA childrearing leave of absence beginning August 20, 2018, through November 13, 2018, with insurance, as per Federal Government regulations, and an unpaid childrearing leave of absence, without insurance, beginning November 14, 2018, through the remainder of the 2018-2019 school year.
· Laura McHugh an unpaid leave of absence, beginning March 5, 2018 – PM, through March 29, 2018.
· Revised Master District Volunteer List for the 2017-18 school year.
· Revised list of After School Detention Monitors and their reimbursement, effective for the 2017-2018 school year.
· Mrs. Tara Mrazik, Mrs. Maryann Miller, Mrs. Neali Feimster, Mrs. Jaclyn Grejda, Mr. Matthew Greenplate, Mrs. Tara Walbert, Mr. Ryan Brobst, and Mr. Robert Steckel to attend the DECA International Conference along with fifty-nine (59) DECA students, on April 20-April 25, 2018, in Atlanta, Georgia. Maximum cost to the District will be $2,640.00. All costs to the District are included in the Board approved 2017-2018 High School budget.
· Ms. Amie Marks, teacher, and Mrs. Jozette Kitzhoffer, parent, to attend the Pennsylvania Junior Science Fair State Competition along with two (2) students on May 20-22, 2018, in State College, Pennsylvania. Total cost to the District will be $1,020.00. All costs to the District are included in the Board approved 2017-2018 curriculum budget.
· Summer School Instructors and their reimbursement based on the current Supplemental Reimbursement for Extra Services – Curriculum and Instruction. Effective dates for the program will be June 18, 2018, through July 26, 2018.
· The following athletic coaching staff member and stipend for the 2017-2018 school year:
Alan Hartzell – Assistant Softball Coach - $1,956.00
· Stephanie Smith, Special Education 12-Month Secretary, effective April 3, 2018, pending receipt of proper documentation. Her salary will be $16.92 per hour, 80% of the position rate, with benefits, in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement between NASD and NAESPA.
· The following extra-curricular staff members and stipends for the 2017-2018 school year:
Ryan Brobst - Innovative Leadership Club - High School - $100.00
Edward Seidick - Innovative Leadership Club - High School - $100.00
· Robert J. Steckel, as Assistant to the Superintendent effective July 1, 2018. Salary will be $121,015, with benefits, and in accordance with the Act 93 Agreement.
· Lori Kuhns, as Assistant Director of Curriculum effective July 1, 2018. Salary will be $120,418, with benefits, and in accordance with the Act 93 Agreement.
· 2016-17 Audit Report as prepared by the local auditors, Gorman & Associates, P.C.
· Treasurer’s Report.
· Bills for Payment.
· Expulsion Hearing Waiver for High School student number 2017-01.