THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the board of education’s deliberations and actions
Regular board meeting
April 9, 2018
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
· Alyssa Silfies an unpaid FMLA leave of absence, beginning March 21, 2018, through June 18, 2018, and an unpaid leave of absence beginning June 19, 2018, through September 30, 2018, with insurance.
· Laura McHugh, an extension to her unpaid FMLA leave of absence, through April 9, 2018.
· Larry Hein an unpaid FMLA leave of absence, beginning March 12, 2018, through March 16, 2018.
· Wilburt Bullsnake a paid FMLA leave of absence beginning March 19, 2018, through April 17, 2018 AM, and an unpaid FMLA leave of absence beginning April 17, 2018 – PM, through May 14, 2018.
· Additions and deletions to the Substitute Listing for the 2017-2018 school year.
· Retirement per Agreement of Lydia Golas as a professional employee effective at the end of the 2017-2018 school year.
· Posting for the positions of current teachers and instructional assistants for Extended School Year (ESY) and Chapter 15/Section 504 Services for the summer 2018, with the number of teachers and instructional assistants actually needed to be determined.
· Jennifer Erie an unpaid FMLA leave of absence beginning April 17, 2018, through May 14, 2018.
· Revised Master District Volunteer List for the 2017-18 school year.
· Mrs. Jessica Pretopapa, Mr. Joseph Provini, Mrs. Alison Kowalick, and Mrs. Rebecca Wagner and approximately forty (40) National Honor Society students to travel to New York, NY, on Thursday, April 19, 2018, for a National Honor Society educational field trip. The cost to the District will not exceed $440.00, and is covered in the 2017-2018 Board approved budget.
· Maria Keiper, Tuesday through Saturday Custodian at Siegfried Elementary School, effective April 10, 2018, pending receipt of proper documentation. Her base rate of pay will be $19.26 per hour, 85% of the current hourly rate, with benefits, in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement between NASD and Teamsters Local 773.
· Krista Atiyeh, Health Room Instructional Assistant at the Middle School, effective August 20, 2018. Her salary will be $14.17 per hour, with benefits, in accordance with the ESPA Agreement.
· Adoption of the following revised, reviewed, and/or new policies and attachments, effective April 10, 2018: 011 - Board Governance Standards/Code of Conduct, 103 - Nondiscrimination in School and Classroom Practices, 103.1 – Nondiscrimination-Qualified Students with Disabilities, and 104 - Nondiscrimination in Employment and Contract Practices. Approve the deletion of the following policies as Policies 103 and 104 have been revised to incorporate these policies, effective April 10, 2018: 248 - Unlawful Harassment, 348 - Unlawful Harassment, 448 – Unlawful Harassment, and 548 – Unlawful Harassment.
· Adopt the 2018-2019 Colonial IU 20 General Operating Budget in the amount of $3,526,160 with the Northampton Area School District portion of $42,409.07 required to fund the budget.
· Authorize the administration to work with Public Financial Management (PFM) for the issuance of General Obligation Bonds, Series of 2018, in the amount of $9,995,000, under Option #1, for the purpose of funding a portion of the new Lehigh Elementary School Project.
· Bids for Paper and Janitorial Supplies, Bid No. NMPCJPB-DP/JS-2018-2019, in the amount of $105,233.12 as awarded by the Northampton/Monroe/Pike County Joint Purchasing Board.
· 2017-2018 Budget Transfers.
· Renewal Agreement with Aramark Educational Services, LLC, to provide foodservice management for the 2018-2019 school year.
· Santander Bank to continue as the District’s institution for banking services for a three year period commencing July 1, 2018.
· A three (3) year service agreement to Physio-Control of Redmond Washington to provide inspections, reports, replacement batteries, and electrodes as needed for our 21“LifePak CR-Plus” and the 2 “Lifepak 1000” defibrillators at an annual cost of $23,803.20 for the term of April 1, 2018, through March 31, 2021.
· Bills for Payment.
· Athletic ticket prices for the 2018-19 school year as follows:
Senior Citizen (62+) Free
· Expulsion Hearing Waiver for Middle School student number 2017-02.