THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the board of education’s deliberations and actions
Regular board meeting
may 7, 2018
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
· Resignation of Catherine DiOdoardo from the position of Elementary Teacher, effective at the end of the 2017-2018 school year.
· Sydney Coffey an intermittent unpaid FMLA leave of absence, through on or about May 4, 2018.
· Additions and deletions to the Substitute Listing for the 2017-2018 school year.
· Revised Master District Volunteer List for the 2017-18 school year.
· Sarah Brandle a paid childbearing leave of absence, beginning on or about September 7, 2018, through October 23, 2018, and an unpaid FMLA childrearing leave of absence beginning October 24, 2018, through on or about January 2, 2019, with insurance, as per Federal Government regulations.
· Revised Community Education Spring 2018 roster of instructors and stipends for the 2017-2018 school year, retroactive to April 24, 2018.
· Sarah Wimmer, Short Term Substitute Grade 5 Teacher at Moore Elementary School, effective retroactive to February 26, 2018, through the remainder of the 2017-2018 school year. Her salary will be $125.00 per day.
· LaRea Henninger, Long Term Substitute Library Aide at the Middle School, effective for the first semester of the 2018-2019 school year, with salary in accordance with the ESPA Agreement.
· Coletta Bodnar, Long Term Substitute Special Education Instructional Assistant at the Middle School, effective for the first semester of the 2018-2019 school year, with salary in accordance with the ESPA Agreement.
· Jo Leigh Sponsler, Short Term Substitute Music Teacher at George Wolf Elementary School, effective on or about September 7, 2018, through December 21, 2018. Her salary will be $125.00 per day, no benefits.
· Catherine Salazar, TPE Spanish Teacher at the High School, effective August 20, 2018. Her salary will be $52,777.00, with benefits, based on a Bachelor’s degree, Step 3; benefits in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement between Northampton Area School District and NAEA.
· Security Guard employees to work at the High School and Middle School during the summer of 2018, allowing other guards to substitute, at their regular hourly rate of pay, and if necessary, substitutes, at the approved substitute rate of pay.
· Award the 2018-19 Supply Bids as follows:
Cleaning $ 56,568.27
Maintenance $ 48,587.58
General Supplies $ 26,954.97
· Authorize the issuance of General Obligation Bonds, Series of 2018, in the maximum aggregate principal amount of $9,980,000 for the purpose of funding a portion of the Lehigh Elementary School Project and other capital projects and the costs of issuing the Bonds pursuant to the Local Government Unit Debt Act of 1996 and the attached Resolution.
· Adopt the 2018-19 Proposed General Fund/Athletic Fund/& Food Services Budget with the total revenues and expenditures listed below and authorize administration to advertise and make the Proposed Budget available for inspection to the public:
General Fund $106,902,338.00
Athletic Fund $ 219,125.00
Food Services Fund $ 2,446,795.00
· 2017-2018 Budget Transfers.
· Approve the following depositories for school funds for the 2018-19 fiscal year:
Pennsylvania Local Government Investment Trust (PLGIT)
Pennsylvania School District Liquid Asset Fund (PSDLAF)
· Approve the lunch prices for the 2018-19 school year as follows:
Student $ 2.20 $ 2.40
Student Entrée Only $ 2.00 $ 2.15
Student Milk (1/2 pint) $ 0.55 $ 0.55
Adult--$3.75; Adult Entrée Only-- Range $2.35 to $3.35
· A la Carte prices for the 2018-19 school year.
· Bills for Payment.
· Appoint Chuck Longacre, James Chuss, and Michael Baird as the Board voting delegates to participate in the PSBA Delegate Assembly to be held on Friday, October 19, 2018, in Hershey, Pennsylvania.
· Expulsion Hearing Waiver for student number 2017-03.
· Expulsion Hearing Waiver for student number 2017-04.