THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the board of education’s deliberations and actions
Regular board meeting
OCTOBER 8, 2018
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
· Resignation of Jennifer McGlynn, School Nurse, for the purpose of retirement, effective January 18,
· Resignation of Barbara Christman from the position of High School Library Instructional Assistant, for the purpose of super-annuated retirement, effective at the end of the day on February 1, 2019.
· Resignation of Robert Hahn from the position of Instructional Assistant, effective at the end of the day on October 12, 2018.
· Resignation of Ryan Brobst from the position of Co-Advisor for the Innovative Leadership Club, effective October 1, 2018.
· Sarah Coffey a paid childbearing leave of absence beginning on or about January 9, 2019, through February 22, 2019, and an unpaid FMLA childrearing leave of absence beginning February 25, 2019, through on or about March 22, 2019, with insurance, as per Federal Government regulations.
· Additions and deletions to the Substitute Listing for the 2018-2019 school year.
· Revised Master District Volunteer List for the 2018-2019 school year.
· Revised listing of 68-day Short-Term Substitute Teachers for the 2018-2019 school year. The per diem rate will be $125.00, per the Substitute Professional pay schedule, no benefits.
· The following addition to the Athletic Event Staff for the 2018-2019 school year:
Amy Wright Ticket Taker/Seller/Usher
· Robert Steckel to attend the PSBA School Safety and Security Exchange on November 8 and 9, 2018, at the Hershey Lodge in Hershey, Pennsylvania, at an estimated cost to the District of $304.30.
· Extra-curricular stipend revisions for the 2018-2019 school year.
· Dr. Kathleen E. Ott to attend the PASCD Conference from November 18 - 20, 2018, in Hershey, Pennsylvania, to present a small group session on teacher engagement at a cost to the District not to exceed $864.96.
· Revised Community Education Fall 2018 roster of instructors and stipends for the2018-2019 school year.
· Carole Torbinski, Security Officer, effective October 15, 2018, pending receipt of proper documentation. Her salary will be $20.46 per hour, in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement between NASD and NASA.
· Victoria Weber, Short Term Substitute Special Education Teacher at the Middle School and High School, effective on or about October 18, 2018. Her salary will be $150 per diem, no benefits.
· Adoption of the following revised and new policies, effective October 9, 2018: 105 - Curriculum, 210.1 - Possession/Use of Asthma Inhalers/Epinephrine Auto-Injectors, 239 - Foreign Exchange Students, 246 - Student Wellness, and 808 - Food Service.
· Title III program – “Embracing English for Adults” (EEFA) which will be held from October 15, 2018, through November 19, 2018, in the High School Library. Parents will be able to attend at no cost. Additionally, there is no cost to the District for providing this instruction for the parents. Approve listed staff members who will be paid with Title III funds, at no cost to the District:
EL Instructor – Paula Ulrich
EL Instructor – Stephanie Szoke
EL Instructor – Christine Nemeh
Previous EL Teacher - Allison Knerr
· Portnoff Law Associates, Ltd., to collect the 2018 delinquent real estate taxes.
· 2018-2019 Budget Transfers.
· Bills for Payment.
· Attendance of Board Member, Mr. Charles Longacre, at the 2018 PAGE Conference on November 29 and 30, 2018, at the Pittsburgh Marriott North, Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania, at a cost of approximately $980.
· ABA contract for student with special needs to be paid out of ACCESS funds.