THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the board of education’s deliberations and actions
Regular board meeting
NOVEMBER 19, 2018
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
· Resignation of Charles Saul as Head Girls Soccer Coach, effective November 6, 2018.
· Resignation of Adam Bastidas as Boys Head Soccer Coach, effective November 12, 2018.
· Revised Master District Volunteer List for the 2018-19 school year.
· Additions and deletions to the Substitute Listing for the 2018-2019 school year.
· Revised Mentor/Inductee List for the 2018-2019 school year including the mentors and stipend payment for the 2018-2019 school year.
· Attendance of Mrs. Catherine Salazar, Mr. Andrew Peartree, Ms. Genevieve Wilde, and 10 Drama Club students to the Pennsylvania State Thespian Conference in Landsdale, Pennsylvania, on November 29-30 and December 1, 2018. Total cost to the District will not exceed $660.00.
· Nicole Fox, Short Term Substitute Grade 2 Teacher at Siegfried Elementary School, effective on or about January 9, 2019, through on or about March 22, 2019. Her salary will be $125 per diem, no benefits.
· Attendance of Mr. John Bendekovits, Ms. Jamie Horvath, and Mr. Cornelius McHugh at the Pennsylvania Educational Technology Expo & Conference in Hershey, PA, on February 11-13, 2019, at an approximate cost of $1,669.82. The amount is included the 2018-2019 Board approved curriculum budget.
· Amy Deutsch, Cafeteria Monitor at the Middle School, effective November 20, 2018. Her salary will be $12.59 per hour, 80% of the position rate, in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement between NASD and NAESPA.
· Extension of employment of Amy Wright as Long Term Substitute Guidance Counselor at the High School, effective at the start of the second semester for the remainder of the 2018-19 schoolyear. Her salary will be $290.97 per diem, with benefits, based on a Master’s degree and Step 1.
· Adoption of the following revised policy, effective November 20, 2018: 815.1 – Social Media.
· Northampton Area High School 2019-2020 Program of Studies.
· D’Huy Engineering to prepare and solicit bids for the replacement of the HVAC system in the 1914 and 1999 sections of Colonel John Siegfried Elementary School.
· D’Huy Engineering to prepare and solicit bids in comparison to a State Contracted Purchasing option to replace the 1960, 1963, and 1986 sections of roofing at the Northampton Area High School.
· Treasurer’s Report.
· Tax Exonerations/Changes.
· Disposal of obsolete technology equipment and components by sale to TechnologyExchange for $18,831.
· Bills for Payment.