THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the board of education’s deliberations and actions
Regular board meeting
APRIL 8, 2019
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
· Resignation of Nicole Teklits from the position of 1:1 Special Education Instructional Assistant at the High School, effective at the end of the day March 29, 2019.T
· The following individuals to work in the Maintenance Trades areas for the Summer of 2019: June 17 – August 16, 2019. There will be no cost to the District, as employment is through Workforce Board Lehigh Valley:
Dylan Behnke, Grade 11
Hunter Woodring, Grade 11
Tyler Dew, Grade 10
Alfonso Kasper, Grade 10
Zane Henritzy, Grade 11
· Resignation of Maria Keiper from the position of Custodian at Siegfried Elementary School, effective at the end of the day July 10, 2019.
· Revised job descriptions for the following positions: Certified School Nurse, School Counselor, Regular Education Elementary Classroom Teacher, Kindergarten Teacher, Special Education Teacher – LifeSkills Teacher, Special Education Teacher – Learning Support Teacher, Special Education Instructional Specialist, and Middle School Team Leader, effective April 8, 2019.
· Resignation of Leo O’Donnell from the position of Semi-Skilled Maintenance employee for the purpose of super annuated retirement, effective at the end of the day August 16, 2019.
· Revised Master District Volunteer List for the 2018-19 school year.
· Additions and deletions to the Substitute Listing for the 2018-2019 school year.
· Mrs. Pretopapa and approximately forty-five (45) students and four (4) chaperones to travel to New York, NY, on Wednesday, April 17, 2019, for a National Honor Society educational field trip. The cost to the District will not exceed $550.00, and is covered in the 2018-2019 Board approved budget.
· Jill Stout, 12 Month Confidential Secretary to the Assistant Superintendent, effective July 1, 2019. Her salary will be $48,000.00, with benefits, in accordance with the Confidential Employee Agreement.
· William LaFrankie as Supervisor of Facilities, effective July 1, 2019, pending receipt of required documentation. His salary will be $62,000 with benefits, and in accordance with the Act 93 Agreement.
· Victoria Kropf, Director of Special Education, effective on or about July 29, 2019, pending receipt of proper documentation. Her salary will be $113,000, with benefits, and in accordance with the Act 93 Agreement.
· Meghan Lloyd, Assistant Director of Special Education, effective July 1, 2019. Her salary will be $95,000.00, with benefits, and in accordance with the Act 93 Agreement.
· Mechanical Construction contract for Myco Mechanical, Inc., for the amount of $2,419.000.00 that includes the base bid and recommended alternates.General Construction contract for C&D Waterproofing Corp., for the amount of $753,000.00 that includes the base bid and recommended alternates.
· Environmental Abatement contract for Sargent Enterprises, Inc., for the amount of $118,026.00 that includes the base bid. This Contract did not include any alternates.
· Electrical Construction contract for Cyprium Solutions, Inc., for the amount of $4,080,000.00 that includes the base bid and recommended alternates.
· General Construction contract for Skepton Construction, Inc., for the amount of $20,087,000.00 that includes the base bid and recommended alternates.
· Mechanical Construction contract for JBM Mechanical, Inc., for the amount of $3,341,000.00 that includes the base bid and recommended alternates.
· Plumbing Construction contract for Myco Mechanical, Inc., for the amount of $1,663,000.00 that includes the base bid and recommended alternates.
· Professional Service contract to David Blackmore & Associates, Inc. for the not-to-exceed amount of $70,000.00.
· Amendment No. 1 to the Agreement for Construction Management Services to D’Huy Engineering, Inc., at a cost of $990,000.00 for the construction phase of the New Lehigh Elementary School.
· Professional Service contract to H.T. Lyons for the HVAC Testing, Adjusting and Balancing for the Not-to-Exceed amount of $59,000.00.
· PPL Invoice to relocate utility poles on the existing site for the amount of $45,559.00.
· Amendment to School Bus Transportation Services Agreement with First Student, Inc., effective July 1, 2019, through June 30, 2024.
· The bids for Paper and Janitorial Supplies, Bid No. NMPCJPB-DP/JS-2019-2020, in the amount of $87,875.66 as awarded by the Northampton/Monroe/Pike County Joint Purchasing Board.
· 2019-2020 Bethlehem Area Vocational Technical School General Fund Budget in the amount of $12,554,241 with the Northampton Area School District portion of $2,046,249 required to fund the budget.
· The State Audit Report for the fiscal years July 1, 2013, through June 30, 2017.
· Athletic ticket prices for the 2019-20 school year as follows:
Senior Citizen (62+) Free
· 2018-2019 Budget Transfers.
· Bills for Payment.
· A five (5) year Lease Agreement with First Student, Inc., effective August 1, 2019, through June 30, 2024.
· Accept with appreciation, art supplies for the Northampton Area Middle School Art Department on behalf of Patricia Kasten by her friend, Valerie Schatz.