THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the board of education’s deliberations and actions
Regular board meeting
APRIL 29, 2019
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
· Resignation of Annette Kollar, for the purpose of superannuated retirement, from the position of 10 Month Special Education Secretary at the High School, effective the end of the day June 24, 2019, or the completion of 200 days for the 2018-19 school year.
· Employee #3181 an extension of an unpaid childrearing leave of absence through on or about May 14, 2019, no insurance.
· Additions and deletions to the Substitute Listing for the 2018-2019 school year.
· Revised Master District Volunteer List for the 2018-2019 school year.
· Resignation of Gary Schaffer, for the purpose of superannuated retirement, from the position of Skilled Maintenance Employee, effective the end of the day July 9, 2019.
· Resignation of Jolene Ruff from the position of Hall Monitor at the High School, effective at the end of the day April 9, 2019.
· The following individuals to work in the Maintenance Trades areas for the Summer of 2019: June 17 – August 16, 2019, at a cost to the District of $4,000 for approximately twelve (12) days, with subsequent compensation for the remaining 25 summer work days to be paid through employment with Workforce Board Lehigh Valley:
Dylan Behnke, Grade 11 Hunter Woodring, Grade 11
Tyler Dew, Grade 10 Alfonso Kasper, Grade 10
Zane Henritzy, Grade 11
· Northampton Area School District educators, Mr. Sean Pyne, Ms. Michelle Schoeneberger, Ms. Stefani Fink, Ms. Laura Meyers, and Ms. Jamie Horvath to attend the ‘Project Lead the Way’ trainings in Computer Science in July 2019 at a combined cost of $8,420.96 to be paid through the Pa SMART Grant available for this initiative of developing a Computer Science Career Pathway within the Northampton Area School District.
· Maintenance and Custodial Staff transfers effective on or about June 17, 2019.
· Ms. Michelle Costanzo, Mrs. Leanne Gaughran, Mrs. Heidi Straker, and sixteen (16) students to attend a performance of the Broadway Show STOMP! in New York, NY, on Tuesday, May 7, 2019. The cost to the District will not exceed $220.00. All costs to the District are included in the 2018-2019 Board approved budget.
· Fanny “Paola” Mosquera, TPE Spanish Teacher at the High School, effective August 19, 2019. Her salary will be $53,555.00, with benefits, based on a Bachelor’s +15 degree and Step 1, per the Collective Bargaining Agreement between NASD and NAEA.
· Bethany Frantz, Tracy Paules, Michelle Pasquariello, and Tanya Hock as Temporary Custodians, effective June 17, 2019, through August 16, 2019. Rate of pay will be $12.13 per hour, the approved substitute custodian rate.
· Caterina Mengel as Temporary Tax Office Secretary, effective July 1, 2019, through September 27, 2019. Ms. Mengel will be paid the substitute secretary rate of $10.80 per hour.
· Listing of Student Summer Help, along with their compensation rate of $7.25 per hour, effective for the summer of 2019.
· Robynlynn Goodwin, 12 Month High School Head Secretary, effective May 20, 2019. Her salary will be $22.08 per hour (95% of the position rate), with benefits, in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement between NASD and NAESPA.
· Adoption of the following revised policy, effective April 30, 2019: 206 – Assignment Within District.
· Barbra Plohocki of Envira Health to provide the service of water testing at regular intervals in school buildings, as directed by District administration, at a cost of $50 per sample.
· Food Service Management Company Contract with Aramark Educational Services, LLC for the 2019-2020 school year.
· Treasurer’s Report.
· The 2019-2020 Supply Bids as follows:
Cleaning $ 55,017.49
Maintenance $ 51,669.31
· The following depositories for school funds for the 2019-2020 fiscal year: Santander Bank
Pennsylvania Local Government Investment Trust (PLGIT)
Pennsylvania School District Liquid Asset Fund (PSDLAF)
· Settlement Agreement and Release for a special education student.
· Bills for Payment.
· Contract for services with Jacqueline R. Funk, ASL/English Interpreter, on an as needed basis from May 1, 2019, through December 31, 2019.
· Revised school calendar for the 2018-2019 school year.
· Nominate Dr. Michael Baird to serve as the Northampton Area School District representative to the CIU 20 Board of Directors to serve a three-year term beginning July 1, 2019, through June 30, 2022.
· Mr. Michael Goffredo on the Northampton Community College Board of Trustees from July 1, 2018, through June 30, 2024.
· Expulsion Hearing Waiver for student number 2018-04.
· Special Education Plan dated July 1, 2019, to June 30, 2022.
· Expulsion Hearing Waiver for student number 2018-06.
· Expulsion Hearing Waiver for student number 2018-07.
· Expulsion Hearing Waiver for student number 2018-05.