THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the board of education’s deliberations and actions
Regular board meeting
May 6, 2019
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
· Additions and deletions to the Substitute Listing for the 2018-2019 school year.
· Revised Master District Volunteer List for the 2018-19 school year.
· Employee #4669 an unpaid medical leave of absence beginning April 23, 2019 PM, through April 29, 2019, with insurance, as per Federal Government regulations.
· Current District teachers, Cyndi Dolan, Beth Wolfel, Tammie Tacker, and Sarah Krachie as Special Education Instructional Specialists, effective August 20, 2019, per the Collective Bargaining Agreement between NASD and NAEA.
· Emily Boyle, TPE Biology Teacher at the High School, effective August 19, 2019, pending receipt of proper documentation. Her salary will be $53,555.00, with benefits, based on a Bachelor’s +15 degree and Step 1, per the Collective Bargaining Agreement between NASD and NAEA.
· Bethany Frantz as Middle Shift Custodian at Lehigh Elementary School, at a rate of $20.43 per hour (85% of the position rate), effective on or about July 10, 2019, with benefits, in accordance with the Custodial Collective Bargaining Agreement.
· Justin Gober, Maintenance II employee, at a rate of $22.55 per hour (90% of the position rate), effective June 17, 2019, with benefits, in accordance with the Maintenance Collective
· Amy Wright, TPE School Counselor at the High School, effective August 19, 2019. Her salary will be $56,812.00, with benefits, based on a Master’s degree and Step 2, per the Collective Bargaining Agreement between NASD and NAEA.
· Krista Schrader, TPE Family and Consumer Science Teacher at the Middle School, effective August 19, 2019. Her salary will be $52,755.00, with benefits, based on a Bachelor’s degree and Step 1, per the Collective Bargaining Agreement between NASD and NAEA.
· Megan Reed, TPE English Teacher at the Middle School, effective August 19, 2019, pending receipt of proper documentation. Her salary will be $52,755.00, with benefits, based on a Bachelor’s degree and Step 1, per the Collective Bargaining Agreement between NASD and NAEA.
· Adoption of the following revised and new policies, effective May 7, 2019: 203.2 - Exposure to Bloodborne Pathogens, 209.1 - Food Allergy Management, 210 - Use of Medications, and 719 - Small Unmanned Aircraft
· A three (3) year service agreement with Communication Systems, Inc., of Allentown, PA, to service, inspect, test and document the fire alarm systems at the High School and Middle School from the period of July 1, 2019, through June 30, 2022, with a 0% increase at the following rates:
2019/2020 2020/2021 2021/2022
High School $ 2,138.00 $ 2,138.00 $ 2,138.00
Middle School $ 2,138.00 $ 2,138.00 $ 2,138.00
· General Construction contract for Jottan Roofing for the amount of $2,197,711.00 that includes the base bid and recommended alternates.
· 2018-2019 Budget Transfers.
· Reappoint Northampton Area School District Business Office, as the 2019-20 Northampton Area School District tax collector for Bath Borough, Chapman Borough, Allen Township, Moore Township, East Allen Township, Northampton Borough, and Lehigh Township.
· A two-year agreement from June 2019 through June 2021 for FirstNet services provided by AT&T at a cost of $5,132.34 per month.
· Adopt the 2019-20 Proposed General Fund/Athletic Fund/ & Food Services Budget with the total revenues and expenditures listed below and authorize administration to advertise and make the Proposed Budget available for inspection to the public:
General Fund $110,527,281.00
Athletic Fund $ 251,935.00
Food Services Fund $ 2,414,163.00
· Bills for Payment.
· Lunch prices for the 2019-20 school year as follows:
Student $ 2.30 $ 2.50
Student Entrée Only $ 2.15 $ 2.30
Student Milk (1/2 pint) $ 0.55 $ 0.55
Adult-- $3.75; Adult Entrée Only-- Range $2.50 to $3.50
· A la Carte prices for the 2019-20 school year.
· Accept the 2019-20 property tax reduction allocation at $1,470,640.73 to reduce property taxes and set the homestead/farmstead exclusion at the same fixed amount.
· Memorandum of Understanding with Star Wellness Center, Inc., to provide dental services for the District, effective May 1, 2019.
· Expulsion Hearing Waiver for student number 2018-08.
· PA Schools Work Resolution Urging the General Assembly to Adequately Invest in Public Schools and Students.